Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My animation "Constellation" has been Pirated

I don't know if I get angry or happy, because one of my animation work has just been pirated by a guy who stole my entire animation and put his own music on it, re-editing to fit the time of his music and of course remove all the credits.

Who told me this was a YouTube user, probably a fan of my work, immediately when he saw the robbery, tried to warn me:

Hi,
I'd like to let you know there's someone using your animation CONSTELLATION with no credits and no telling the source either.
His name: William Corbo
His channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/tinocorbo
Your animation on his channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu14S6fiH7M
Regards,


The thief's name is William Corbo and the song's name is "Memories." If only he had consulted me, I don't know if I would authorize, but could talk about creating a video for him, perhaps at a low cost.

For those who don't know, here's the link to my original animation, made for the Spanish band called Metropol.



I don't know how long the video will stay in the air, because I already made a claim on YouTube about Copyright Infringement Notification, but the link below will show his "work".



If the pirate video has offline, here's a screenshot for posterity.


As I said, I can not stop to feeling a little proud to have a pirated work, is a sign that people are enjoying it. I am even happier because I received an email from a person who I don't know denouncing the case.

The day I see my films being sold at illegal pirate sellers on streets, then I will be impossible. :-)

UPDATED:
The Youtube staff was quick. On the same day I received an email telling: "Thank you very much for your notification. The content has been removed."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails